Friday, September 14, 2007


Thanksgiving is around the corner.


I am really big on Christmas. I like it alot. But I never EVER EVER go shopping on black friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Nope. Never. I hate crowds. I hate overflowing parking lots..I hate bratty, undisciplined, cranky, tired, demonically driven crybabies that abound on this day..They should all drive themselves home and stay there.
But I am not adverse to saving money. In fact, money saving is a hobby of mine, just one that I am not good at yet. I usually post on my homeschool blog when I do Pay-per-post reviews, however this one is actually helpful to all of us who are dreaming of Santa tossing a DeWalt 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit into our stocking. Or, better yet, finding a Ryobi Compound Miter Saw with Laser under the tree. NOW..THAT is Christmas.
Imagine, running outside after the present are opened to show your friends all of the cool tools you got form Santa...you an almost smell the bar oil, can't you?
So, what does that have to do with that horrid day, black Friday? I will tell you.. there is a cool, and I mean really cool, website where they do the unbelievable. The unthinkable. The unimaginable. Yes. They post the black Friday specials early.
It's stinkin' brilliant! You visually stroll through the website window shopping in the stores that they have listed. BIG stores...like Target, Old Navy, Linen's and Things, and ..yes, oh yes! Home Depot.
I was checking out the Black Friday deals..for this year on the home depot site they have set up. Amazing. I will link to that page in a few minutes.
O.k.that is cool, right? But it gets better. Oh yes it does. You can BUY the stuff online at those prices! Now, you can't buy them early but you can buy them that day without the lines, without the headaches, without the lousy remote parking and without having to fight a 90 year old lady from Albany for the last laser level. How cool is that? Very cool?
Yeah, but it gets better.
They will EMAIL you the updates to their site. Seriously, you don't even have to go looking for it...just pop open your email one day and BAM! Home Depot will be advertising this item for this price...have a nice day.
I love that. I really do...Anyway..I am linking to some of my favorite stores

Awesome Home Depot Deals for Black Friday
Amazing JoAnn Fabric Deals
and last but not least...
Bass Pro Shops because with the cool tools you are getting you should have time to go fishing, right?
Check it out at blackfriday..I think it is awesome.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled blog.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm not fond of shopping, even under normal conditions, but from Black Friday till Christmas? AAACCCCKKK!!!!!!! I hate hate HATE IT!!!

Just more proof of how completely incompatible I am with my mother in law. ;)