Monday, September 10, 2007

My blogs are starting to look like my house. Eww. Messy. I need to clean up the blog ads and stuff. But they do make money for me, at least a little, and so, even though they are far from aesthetically pleasing they stay.
We had a couple more trees come down. These are BIG old pecan trees. I guess between the flood waters hitting them a few years ago, and then drought for a couple of years, and then so much rain (and we flooded agian friday..at least the property did) this year they are just in some sort of pecan shock. Bummer.
You know we have tons of firewood now, and so many more trees for me to chainsaw up..I have no idea when they will be done .. :P I think I am giving cords of firewood for Christmas presents.
This is what we saw, not 10 feet from the house when we got back from prayer tonight.




This is only the base and the hole left by the tree toppling over. The tree is huge. Just trust me.
All evening I have heard trees cracking. The wind isn't even really blowing hard..It is an eerie sound and I am praying that the animals stay out of the way!
It is another one of those times where you realize how impotent you are in the scheme of htings..and have a renewed appreciation for the power of God and the awesomeness of His love. Now if He iwll provide the funds for another wood burning fireplace for the den life will be great.

I found a really cool site with instructions for building a brick oven. I really have wanted a brick oven outside. Sort of an outdoor kitchen with a brick oven for pizza and bread.MMMM! So now I am trying ot focus on the job at hand and not planning the outside kitchen..I mean that is the last thing I need to worry about now.
Here is the link if you are interested. Hey, if you are going to build one build me one and i will trade ya firewood! Brick oven

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm going to have to save that link. My husband and his brother used to lay brick. He'll love that (if he doesn't know how to do it already!)

Saw your comment on "All Things Work". Didn't mean to worry you, I've been sick with a bug. Also, I have posted since then, it's my giveaway post. Why aren't you entered? :)