Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I hate the way this blog looks. I am about to remove about 90% of the sidebar junk. Life goes on here. I am trying to do a bit more planning, abit more organization, a bit more everything while keeping in mind that I am in a weird season of life and very overwhelmed.
We will be breeding the goats in the next couple of weeks. The does are drying up, partly because it is time and partly because I have been lax about milking them on time. Still no water heater and that is really getting old but I know that we will get past it and it will be o.k.
Matt seeded the pasture and the grass seems to be coming in a bit. We have more trees down..I need to get out there with a chainsaw and get them cut. I have so many things that need to be done. Here i am whining again.
The thing is I get so overwhelmed with what needs to be done it is like am am paralyzed and then dont even get to the things that I want to do. I can't tell you the last time I sewed or knitted or spun.
One thing I am planning on doing is starting an herb garden on the kitchen sill. I wrote about it on hubpages, you can read more about it at Growing Herbs Inside. I also did a checklist for getting ready for winter, Time to Prepare For Winter.
I saw a huge owl yesterday when I was coming back from taking marc to work. I didn;t know they were out and about during hte day, it was odd. It swooped down and landed on hte side of the road, and it was huge! We hear them all the time but rarely see them. One of the things I appreciate about living here...and lately there have been few. I need to work on my appreciation skills for sure.

This is a picture that Shiloh took a few weeks ago. I am thankful for natural pest conrol!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You're not whining. You're venting. Believe me, there's a big difference.