Monday, February 11, 2008



I love this picture. To me it says it all about homesteading..you can be self sufficient anywhere if you only just do something.

So, I have headed to Heirloom Seeds and made my list...This is what I am going to be planting in the next few weeks for our early spring garden:
Lettuce
BRONZE MIGNONETTE
GRANDPA ADMIRE’S
LOLITA

Spinach
Strawberry Spinach (this has small red berries on it that I found intriguing)
America

Chard
Pink Chard (who can resist?)
Rainbow (seriously, technicolor chard, who would have thought?)

Broccoli
Atlantic

Cauliflower
Igloo
Violetta Italiana- it's PURPLE

I am not sure that I am adding peas. Normally we don't have great luck with them here. Marc is going to borrow the tiller from our friends and I think we should be eating some of this stuff in the next two months. That will be helpful on the grocery budget for sure.





No comments: