Wednesday, March 12, 2008


Marc is finishing up the tilling today. I had to bite the bullet yesterday and get non heirloom plants. It just took too long to get the money together to get the plants and seeds, and I got them from Home Depot. If I wait much longer it won't work...it will be too hot.
SO I got 4 roma tomato plants, 3 other tomato plants, and 6 peppers..then several packets of seed. I will be on the lookout for other tomatoes but for now any plants that live will be good.
We are supposed to have good weather so I plan on having the boys shovel out the lean-to with all that nice, rotted manure, and begin planting tomorrow. I would like to say that I am doing raised beds and containers but honestly, money being what it is right now I am glad to get in a garden that hopefully will make some sort of difference!
I hope to add to the tomato collection in the next week or so..and I will order seeds, HEIRLOOM seeds, because here in Texas I can do a fall garden easily.
It is 72 today, although the house has remained cold. It will remain cold as long as we have cold, or even cool nights, right into June. After that we will be dealing with sleeping in 100 degrees but we seemed to manage for the past couple of years so I think it will be o.k.!
The chickens are laying like gangbusters...I have about 6 dozen eggs int he fridge and i have given a ton away. I would love to sell them but advertising is hard. I had an ad on Craigslist but it got pulled...
Tell me, why can you advertise sex on Craigslist but not eggs for sale? sigh.

No comments: