Sunday, April 29, 2007

Well today I actually got the hall bathroom primed AND the first coat of venetain plaster on..The color is Roman Bath ...Behr is the manufacturer..MAybe I all ready said that? Sorry..Paint fumes..



Any way the first step was to sand down any loose wallpaper backing..remember it is stuck there because the PO's (and we KNOW what that stands for) did not prime the walls before applying the disgusting wall paper that was on it.....I had the oil based Kilz primed a weaker version of the venetian plaster I was using...so far so good...



The I had trouble deciding how thick to do the plaster...I mean what exactly is a thin coat? How much is *some* undercoat showing through? What exactly does *IS* mean? Where DO socks go when you put them in the dryer?



o.k..here is a close up but not a good example of the color.




So, we ill let the first coat sit overnight and plan on finishing tomorrow...so far I think I like it..and that is a good thing..




Also while i was doing this Marc and the kids were workign on a retaining wall on the west side of the house..I will gget some pictures tomorrow ..it is fabulous.




I really feel like we accomplished alot today. I know it seems like it is taking forever but eventually it will be done and the house will be so cool....




No comments: